How much do you know about box elder bugs? These pests are frequently found invading Midwest homes in the late summer and early fall months as they search for a place to overwinter. In fact, right now your home in Minneapolis, Alexandria or nearby in Minnesota could be hosting box elder bugs as they are taking a long winter nap. So, to test your knowledge on these insects and to help you learn more about box elder bug control, here are a few questions in our game of Box Elder Bug Trivia. Give yourself 1 point for each correct answer.
- Do box elder bugs prefer warmer or cooler temperatures?
- True or false, box elder bugs bite.
- What is the staple in their diet, meaning what do they prefer to eat?
- What are the two colors typically found on box elder bugs?
- True or false, box elder bugs can cause serious structural damage when they infest homes.
- Box elder bugs prefer warmer temperatures, which is why they find homes to spend the winter in.
- False, box elder bugs do not bite and are not considered a danger to humans, simply a nuisance pest.
- As their name suggests, box elder bugs prefer to feed on box elder trees. But you can add a point if you mentioned Ash trees, Maple trees or Cherry trees which they will also feed on.
- Their colorings are usually black with red markings around the wings.
- False, box elder bugs do congregate in large numbers but they do not cause severe damage to property.
4 or 5 – Practically a box elder bug pro!
2 or 3 – Not an expert, but hey, it’s probably not your job.
0 or 1 – Ok, give us a call, you may have an infestation and not even know it.
If you would like to learn more about box elder bugs including how to get rid of box elder bugs in the Midwest, simply contact our pest control team at Plunkett’s Pest Control. Since these pests are so good at hiding in tiny cracks and crevices, box elder bug control is not a simple task. Thankfully, at Plunkett’s Pest Control we offer effective box elder bug control to eliminate current problems and help to prevent future infestations.BACK TO BLOG