We’ve recently been discussing all of the common springtime pests and what can be done around the home to prevent them. It is only fitting that we now share that the month of April is National Pest Management Month. Perfect timing to raise public awareness of the major threats of pests and what home and business owners can do to prevent them.
For over 30 years now the National Pest Management Association has been recognizing the month of April as National Pest Management Month and this year the pest control professionals at Plunkett’s would like to offer a few basic tips to prevent pests.
A major nuisance is the least of your worries when it comes to a pest infestation. Left unaddressed insects and rodents in our region may:
- Introduce allergies and other health risks into your home
- Spread harmful bacteria
- Contaminate food
- Cause damage to structures and contents within
Protect your property, and family members with these pest prevention tips:
- Keep your kitchen clean! Disinfect food surfaces daily, take trash out regularly, and wipe up all crumbs and food debris.
- Store open food in containers with tight fitting lids to keep pests from finding your tasty snacks.
- Reduce clutter in your home which will be great hiding places for many critters.
- Trim back bushes and shrubs so nothing is touching the side of the house.
- Remove debris such as sticks and twigs that could attract insects.
- Redirect water sources from your property to avoid moist soil conditions.
- Eliminate standing water around the yard to prevent mosquito breeding
At Plunkett’s, we encourage you to share these pest prevention tips with your friends, neighbors and co-workers during the month of April. And, if you encounter a pest problem in your home, contact Plunkett’s Pest Control. Our residential pest control services are ideal for homes in Alexandria, Minneapolis, and Brainerd, Minnesota as well as throughout Plunkett’s service area.BACK TO BLOG